Translate

Monday 9 November 2020

The Insulting, Disenfranchising Filth of Clinton's Anti-Poor Policies

Mum worked a full-time service sector job that broke her body, furthered her path towards diabetes, damaged her mental health (fatphobic and sexist management), and ate into the time that she could have spent in class or studying for her Bachelor's degree. She survived multiple instances of severe suicidal ideation by the skin of her teeth and because a professor cum friend leveraged her status and privilege to help Mom get access to mental health care - all whilst Mom was working a back-breaking service sector job, raising three children, and going to college.

Clinton's destruction of aid to the poor kept my family in extreme poverty for the entirety of my childhood. We went without electricity several times, for days and weeks at a time. We went without heat. Our water well dried up because of the filthy racist/labour trafficking I'm sure sexually abusing agricultural entrepreneur across the road, and of course we had zero financial means of digging a new well. We drove two miles up the road once or twice per week to fill pails and jugs with water at my aunt's place so that we could drink, cook, bathe, and drink.

I learnt nothing of the appreciation for work that those wealthy conservative white male policymakers thought that they would teach me. I learnt resentment for the entire capitalist system. I learnt how exploitative it was of BIPOC and the poor.

Clinton and his many racist, disenfranchising policies can rot in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment